In the broad scope of life things, this is a very superficial thing. Nonetheless, I will ask and be vulnerable in hopes of finding an answer to my dilemma.
Ahem, my non-important dilemma that's been plaguing my mind for two years.
Here goes: Is there such thing as a down jacket that doesn't make you look bigger than you already are?
I hope you don't think less of me.
As I typed it, I think less of me.
Yes, heartbreaking really. No less than two years this question has been swirling around my brain. Every Autumn, it goes like this; I unpack our
In all my looking (and saving), I can't commit.
I've tried. I have criteria. A (FL) girl can't settle or survive the cold, harsh winter without it.
Let's call it "Downfattaphobia". Everything sounds more serious with a name.
So I'm calling all the women in my life, to help me with my "problem".
Are you still reading?
Do you have a down jacket? Do you feel more "Michelin man" when you wear it? Is that just the way it is?
Help a sista out!!
Told ya, it was trivial.
6 comments:
This made me laugh. I agree completely, why on earth do people wear them? I mean they go by the associated name "puffy coat" for heaven sake! Just silly, I think there are just as warm alternatives out there. :o)
Well, does the jacket HAVE to be down? What if you just layered a bit? OR...aren't there jackets with a wool-like lining? I don't know; maybe a Florida girl should answer this question, lol!
I would try LL Bean and Lands End. They specialize in puffy coats for women. :) I've actually seen one in my lifetime and have one that is vaguely like what you speak of from H&M. Try there, too. They've opened at the Florence Mall.
This is SO not trivial. I don't like down jackets because I think they are fatty looking. Michelin man is a much nicer way of saying it. BUT i've learned to accept the down vest as an excellent (and still cute) compromise. That way, you get the warmth but the puffiness is limited and people can still see you have normal sized arms.
But since i'm a florida girl too, my solution is not to go cold places. or just stay indoors. Let's go to Starbucks together.
Well .. I'm obviously not the person who would be giving out advice on either fashion or avoiding the frumpy look, but this was a really funny post. I hope you find what you're looking for. ;)
my advice is to get a wool coat. and if you really need the down, i am sure there is a down hat and glove set SOMEWHERE out there.
but i love what karin said. when in doubt, go to starbucks :)
Post a Comment