There are so many things that need updating, including this blog.
Here are some of our highlights over the last 4 months. Wow! I guess it really has been that long, since the blog saw a family update in post form.
I know you are all forgiving people, so lets move on.
Mostly in random order:
*Travis can now write his first name.
*Lyla got 2 more teeth for a total of 5 and started to stand and walk with assistance.
*We had our FL cousins stay with us for nearly 1 month. It was fabulous for us sisters, but a bit challenging with 5 kids under the age of 6.
*We met a lovely family during our Southern Trek at Starbucks. Their children's names were Rain, Honey, and Skye. I highly recommend stopping at Starbucks for potty breaks.
*Travis is completely potty trained!!! Including over night.
*We started attending a 20 week parenting class.
*Visited the Waldorf School in Cincinnati for a class.
*Walked the Thanksgiving Day 10K.
*Hosted the VA Spences over the Thanksgiving holiday.
*Made Grandmom Richardson's Yeast rolls and "from scratch" stuffing for Thanksgiving and brined a turkey for Christmas
*We drove to FL. Not my sanest moment. We survived, stopped in ATL. Buckhead is a beautiful, friendly place. Had a wonderful extended family Christmas! Babies and kids everywhere, it was great.
*Ordered a puffy jacket that will be going back.
*Got Cutco scissors in my stocking!!!! I love them.
*Celebrated New Years, birthdays, and played the Wii on a projector T.V. all in the same night.
*Survived my kids having the stomach flu.
*Basking in the new mercies and grace that my Savior pours out on me daily.
How about you?
7 comments:
Oh my gosh, Jen...your kids had the stomach flu too!? We had it from New Years Eve until the following Tuesday. Horrible. Just horrible. I fully sympathize.
wow.
and what's the waldorf school?
It's an alternative learning style. Focuses more on comprehension and doing than standard education system. I really like it for a kid-on-the-go, such as Travis, but the whole "being one with the earth" stuff I can't get past.
We may look into the Homeschool Curriculum thats offered.
Here's a link for your viewing pleasure: http://www.whywaldorfworks.org/02_W_Education/pre_and_k.asp
20 weeks, wow is that Growing Kids?
You're returning the puffy jacket!!
hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha
Ash- yep. the 3-18 yr olds
Have I got stories about the puffy jacket... you will not even believe!!
Be looking for a blog post, but i may not have time to write one soon. So don't hold your breath, it may be another 4 months
1) cutco scissors = little slice of heaven. 2) what 20 week parenting class are you taking? is it growing kids god's way?? (if so...AWESOME!!!)
Post a Comment