...I'm a really bad friend.
I have many acquaintances, but not many close friends... o.k. I have 1 but she's in a different state.
I'm probably not even that good of a friend to her.
I float in and out of many circles or cliques. I'm not proud of this, and I feel guilty, especially when it comes to gathering folks together or wanting to talk to everyone before it's time to leave church.
I was in a sorority. I was a people person then. I liked people. I probably was a people-pleaser too, but I think that's another blog post.
I think I may still like people. I still want to be a friend. I need your help. God has been working on me and convicting me of my selfish monk-like living (except monks don't have children).
Here's what I'm asking from you.
In an effort to make me less selfish, more involved, and build deeper relationships with women, let's make a date. A play date, coffee date, dinner date, workout date, breakfast date, walking date, lunch date, tea date, wine date, zoo date, etc...
Of course, this would mean that you want me to get to know you and you want to know me and our family too.
9 comments:
I want one!:) When you free???
um, coffee. but i think we talked about this on sunday...end of may, right?
Me too! I have friend issues of my own. Totally different from yours, but equally as problematic. I want to help you and I want your help! Let's get together. I'm free any day next week to do anything (that can be done with six combined children). Come over for coffee/tea and kid play?
You are NOT a bad friend!!!!!!
Good for you for wanting to be intentional. But be sure to give yourself grace, too. You could just be switching to be more of an introvert (which doesn't make you not a people person!). It's okay to be monk-ish for a time. I can pretty much only do one social activity during the work week and I need all the other nights off just to function well in my job. I've had to work through some of the same feelings you are expressing.
Dang it, we should talk!!!
love you much!
Oooh, oooh, oooh! I pick a wine date! I totally bet that Dave would watch the kids one night so we could have a glass together when you visit next weekened. After bed?
P.S. I love having the kind of friendship that never misses a beat even when we are in different states! Quality not quantity, right?
Alina and I are trying to go to the zoo almost every week so if you guys want to go together sometime let me know.Or we are always up for playdates.Also, the old Starbucks get togethers were fun.
Hi. My name is Kimberly. And I'm your friend. And you are mine.
Let's go on a date. What does May look like for you? I'm also very good for the weekdays, too. :)
I could have written this post, except for the sorority part. I think that it is a mom thing. We have one year olds. It is HARD! Wish that we were in closer proximity so that we could hang and run. I miss that!
Is it too late for a date? I want one...If May is filling up I'll settle for June.
Post a Comment