Monday, April 05, 2010

FYI

FYI, not to be mixed up with TMI (cough... Karin).

Quick recaps, kidcaps, and knee caps...What?!

Sleeping you ask? Not so much.

You see, LJ is on her 2nd ear infection in 3 weeks. Not the ruptured one, the other side.
Friday, when Tom was stuck in Grand Rapids, I took LJ to the After Hours Clinic with a 104.4 fever. We were sent home with instructions to alternate Tylenol/ Motrin every 2 hrs and check temps, watch for seizures, etc... ya know normal stuff! Dr. at that time said that he really didn't see any reason for her high temp.

What?!! Watch for SEIZURES!

I was humming "Let your will be done in me. In your love, I will abide" all night. It really is true that when you trust in a sovereign God who sifts all things through and is with you through them, it changes your whole perspective.

Temps were fairly normal Saturday and Sunday.

Which brings us to today.

By the way don't floss your teeth with mint floss and then rub your eye! You will be sad.
Trust Me!!

Where was I...
Yes, today!

Clif notes version:
LJ was acting cranky. I figured it was due to the 2 consecutive hours sleep she and I got last night.
Her temp... 101.1º
Huh! Maybe I should see if they have any Dr's appointments.
Got Dr's Appt. for today

Side Note: what is the likelihood that same day appt's are going to go away with ObamaCare?
I say HIGH.

Ear Infection confirmed
Prescription filled

Hooray! On the road to recovery and hopefully no more reoccurring ear troubles.

Good thing that ear infections aren't contagious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

P.S. Hyland's sells homeopathic ear drops for helping with pain for ear infections in children. I found them in the baby care section of Target. Plus, you can ask for a prescription for pain-killing ear drops. I use them for Noah when he goes down for naps/bed during an ear infection.

Kimberly said...

I also use both for Clay - homeopathic and prescription and both seem to help Buddy. Also, I'm SO sorry it's been so hard!!! I totally relate - I AM praying for you, sister!!! PLEASE let me know if there's something I can do...I have a swing set for Trav is he wants to come over for a while. :)