I admit this concept of baby dolls is foreign to me, but it's so sweet to see the differences in my boy and girl played out in real life. It's really cool to see how really hardwired we are by design. LJ is starting to nurture and to love on toys, others, and the dog. She strokes my hair and gently touches my face. She hugs and lays on the "Learning Puppy", one of the few plush toys we have.
So I've been searching for the perfect dolly just for her to love and care for. My criteria were pretty simple, under $25, look like a doll (no bunnies, bears, elephants, etc...), be washable, and not have a plastic head. I've looked at cabbage patch babies, Target, books on how to make your own, Walmart, and Toy R' Us.
Basically what I found was that the doll of my dreams didn't exist. Until I found out about Bamboletta dolls. But AHEM! I'm not about to pay $140 for a doll.
My search took me to Etsy (love that place). Where I searched through 112 pages of Dolls. There are lots of ugly and scary looking dolls. I finally found this, as-close -to -perfect doll for LJ.

I can't wait to give it to her.
5 comments:
Awwwww! We have tons of dollies (Elli refers to all toys as "bebe) but I still want this one.
Cute! I wanted the Bambo-whatever doll for Libby, too. There are some slightly less expensive ones. In fact, I almost bought one for her (and one for Jacob) on several different occasions. But Ben always looks at the price, looks over at our toy cradle FULL of plastic headed Goodwill dolls, and then looks at me like I've completely lost my mind.
That is a cute dolly! I want one:).
Jen- I thought I would post here so you would see it. Sur La Table at Rookwood is clearancing all of their stoneware crocks. These are great for sprouting or for pickling or fermenting. I bought 3 today. A one gallon, 2 qt. and 1 qt. They were each 5.99 regardless of size but still an excellent deal. I thought of you because I know you are experimenting with Nourishing Traditions also.
P.S. I also wanted to tell you I am back on the blog. Hope to see you around :)
Post a Comment