I'm turning 31 in a matter of days.
I have realized that I'm one of the oldest gals in my "circle".
I can use the term "gal" because I'm over 30. As in, "she's been a good ol' gal."
Judging by the way the World views getting older, I might as well start buying and using wrinkle cream... It's just a matter of time.
Oh, and I need to pick out my new hair color, because the gray hair is next.
So while I'm a little sad seeing myself age... right before my eyes...every morning... in the mirror.
I'm reminded of the verse, "All flesh is grass, and all its loveliness is like the flower of the field. The grass withers, the flower fades, When the breath of the LORD blows upon it; Surely the people are grass. The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:6a-8
Maybe the breath of the Lord has been blowing on me with gale forces :)
Or maybe I've just needed some seasoning...
3 comments:
You defiantly look 25. :)
Stop saying you're old! I'm like two weeks younger than you.
You have the best skin.
I agree about your skin. And you know, wrinkle cream is preventative too. Start using it now and you can look 25 for about 10 more years. :)
Incidentally, my hair stylist told me I need to consider highlights for my 5 grey hairs. I think I have about 5 more years before I need to go there. Resisting, resisting...come resist with me!
Post a Comment