Although Australia sounds fun, I'm just having that kind of day.
It's snowing and what I thought was a relaxing, no rush, no schedule day has backfired. I guess kids who are use to some structure don't really understand no structure.
First, a confession.
Hi, my name is Jen.
It makes me anxious when my kids mix the Play-Doh colors.
My sister is laughing at me right now.
I can hear it even more that 900 miles away.
This is the reason she sent my kids Play-Doh for Christmas.
It was mixed.
I have a panic attack when they play with it.
OK, not really!
Well, maybe!?
Back to today...
I thought my kids were playing nicely upstairs, when Travis came down to inform me that he named a ladybug that was found in the bathroom. He named it, Johnson.
Wait! You're playing in the BATHROOM?!
I calmly walked, briskly (ran) up the stairs to find LJ in the tub with both shampoo and body wash bottles. She had put them in her hair and was proudly soaping her clothes up.
At least she was in the tub.
Second Confession:
(I see a theme for this post)...
I have baby fever.
There I said it!
So many of my friends are having babies, I can't help myself to think of what a little sister or brother would be like for T and LJ.
It is now my obligation to inform you that my most practical, logical, caring, and responsible husband does not share in this "Fever".
Darn hormones!
Third, final confession:
When it snows, I want to shop!
Much to the dismay of the hubs.
Speaking of the Hubs, his schedule for next month came out yesterday.
I loathe writing his schedule on the calendar. 4 days without him, followed by 5 days without him, followed by another 4 days, as so on. Until there is no. more. month left.
Sigh!
We miss you Daddy.
and... NO!
That's NOT the hormones talking
7 comments:
Wow! you and I may be a lot alike, although our playdoh colors aren't mixed because I am mean:-) AND after the playdoh from my mom was dry...I made ONLY one color:-)
Rain makes me want to shop:-) I don't share the baby fever, but I hear you on your day! Can't wait till we meet in person SOME DAY!
I love your honesty and share most of your thoughts! :) Let me know if you want to get together during Tom's long trips!
Ah ha ha ha! I have to force myself to not panic when the Playdough colors mix too. It is really ok though. It takes about 10 minutes to make more if it gets too muddy.
Also, I am thoroughly bummed that Tom does not share your baby fever. :( And I am bummed on your behalf that he has to be gone so much. Sorry, my friend!
I am sharing your baby fever. My word verification here is "trymma", which is obviously some kind of sign that you should try, mama. To quench the baby fever, that is. ;)
I like your thinking M.L.T. The problem is getting the other necessary party to agree and participate ;)
Anna! I knew we'd be friends!
Paulina, let me know when you are free.
Elizabeth, You make your Play-Doh?
Maybe we should start getting together when they are gone for dinner and playdates. Praying for you.
I've had baby fever for like 10 years. I pretty much just have to make him a cheesecake and he's putty in my hands. Go on, try it!
Post a Comment