LJ has been a thumb sucker/ hair softer since... as long as I can remember.
When I'd nurse her, she'd reach up and stroke (soft) my hair. She still softs my hair when I pick her up.
This is particularly annoying when my hair is in a ponytail. She grabs sections and pulls until, well, a good 1/4 of the hair is no longer pulled back.
Just within the last couple of days, she's decided that softing is so last season and has gone to twisting her hair.
Not just twist and release.
Full blown twisting around her finger until it's purple, then either screaming for someone to untangle her hair nest or just ripping the twisted section out.
The screaming usually occurs around midnight and then at 3am.
I found hair balls in her bed!
Can anything be done about this or is my daughter doomed to have bald patches on the right side of her head?
Photo of the crime scene after untangling.
7 comments:
Oh.My.Gosh. And I was just starting to feel like I wanted a girl, but this kinda scares me! I'm hoping for your sake that this is just a phase that she'll grow out of as she gets sick of the frustration?
And p.s. What is softing??
her pigtails were cute today. I still twirl my hair and wake up with knots, I don't pull it out though. Hope you get some sleep soon, we aren't getting much around here either.
yikes. that's something we haven't experienced.
And thanks for the work out tips!
oh, Jen. what is it about the second child? I don't think it is just me that senses their...uniqueness. hope you get sleep. I'll pray for you when I'm up, too.
Maybe she wants naturally curly hair? :) I have no idea. That looks ouchy.
Praying for good naps for you today...if she will take one. I'm chaining my three year old to the bed.
Maybe spray some kids detangler in it before bed? Might be hard to tangle and not get matted?
That's intense, my kids all have strange things they do.
Post a Comment