Sunday, September 25, 2011

Part 1

This is the story where I feel like I NEED to talk to SOMEONE about what just happened. But couldn't reach a bloomin' one of you...

...I need oxygen!!!

So, kids are up from their naps and happily eating their snack, when out of our window I see what I think is a snapping turtle crossing our neighbors driveway hoping to take up residence in our (what has become) scummy little pond. It's happened numberous times.

It goes down like this:
I call the neighbor, grab a 5 gallon bucket, pull on some rain boots, and head out. I put the bucket on top of the goliath turtle until the said neighbor can come and take it, transfer it to a trash can...then I claim ignorance. I don't know what happens next.

Except this time I headed out, my children standing on chairs (for a better vantage point) looking out of the window to watch. T saying, "Mommy, Don't get snapped!"

I bravely went over to the grassy spot where it entered the yard and to my lovely surprise it was a Red Eared Slider. I was so excited I didn't have to capture goliath.

...But then...

4 comments:

melissa said...

I checked my phone just in case I was one of the bloomin' few. No guilt here. Dying to read the sequel, though.

running shoes said...

You were!!!! I texted you!

Unknown said...

I've always wondered what type of people bought rain boots....

running shoes said...

People who live in Kentucky and have ponds.