By definition cravings are something you get every once in a while, but to pregnant women everywhere it defines our meal times.
The saddest thing (to me, anyway) is the lack of discipline I have with these cravings.
They beg to be given in to.
They must be given in to.
Or someone dies.
That last part may be a bit over the top, but nonetheless I feel powerless to defend my ever expanding adjustable maternity pants against the mighty monster.
Latest craving, cookie dough.
I know cookie dough is BAD. It's worse for a pregnant woman. Plus all the salmonella talk and cookie dough recalls. It was enough to make me cry, because like a 2 year old I couldn't have any.
So enter, this tantrum fighting recipe for "Cookie Dough...you can eat raw"!!!
It's TRUE!!! I made some, ate some, froze some just before I started this post.
I tweaked the recipe to make it gluten free by using Pamela's and GF vanilla. I hate margarine, so I used real butter.
Heartburn never felt so good.
3 comments:
I've always wondered what heartburn feels like
to clarify: the cookie dough wouldn't be the culprit alone, but the combination of (any) food + pregnancy did and does.
Great post, Jen! Man, I got terrible heartburn with all 3 pregnancies. It seemed to get worse with each one. By the end of the 3rd, I had to sleep in a rocking chair because it burned too much to lie down. I was also practically ODing on OTC heartburn drugs.
Enjoy your guilty pleasures. Glad that you found a way to enjoy it more guilt free;-).
Post a Comment