Friday, January 06, 2012

Blink!

I think I just blinked or took a breathe and some how I am down to single week-age digits on the pregnancy bus.

I'm not going to lie... I'm so NOT ready for a newborn.

What I'm AM ready for is this long laundry list: to have my ribs and bladder back, to be able to go up and down stairs without panting like I ran 12 miles, to sleep on my back, to eat and not be reminded of what I ate for the rest of the day, to drink wine or a margarita or coffee (!)...

I will not miss the depressed feeling I get going to water pilates or how I pretend I know what a jello mold is(?).

I will not miss the crying and the emotions that seem to have taken some sort of vulcan death grip on me. Seriously, just cried about the jello-mold.

I will not miss the extra 15 min. it takes for me to get ready in the morning because of the super-duper suction compression hose, shorts, and now "prenatal-cradle" I sport (most of the time).

...but I'm pretty sure that all these things will not matter when this newborn comes screaming into this world.

Happy Friday, ya'll!

4 comments:

Kara said...

Single digits- that's exciting! I know I was always excited to be able to bend down in the garden again. Dang weeds.
Hang in there!!

Kentucky Kate said...

Some commiseration from times past... :)

http://kentuckykate.blogspot.com/2008/07/rules-of-sisterhood.html

http://kentuckykate.blogspot.com/2007/11/thankful.html

Unknown said...

I wish I was there to witness the compression hose wearing, crying Jen!!!! But I really can't wait to meet your new little baby! Love you :)

Anonymous said...

Ohhh...I know. I just...know. (well, not the compression hose part). I'm crying right along with you some days and I HAD my baby already! One day at a time, one hour at a time, sometimes even 5 minutes at time...you can do it!!!