Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Rodeo: No Fear Edition

So I admit it. I've been avoiding writing about the issues we're struggling with at the Rodeo.
It's hard to face them, speak about them, and sort through all the emotions that fly around inside my head on a daily basis.
Truth is I've been limping.

I hope to write about each one of these in depth but here's the clif notes version:

Travis' eyes. He will never have any depth perception and has been diagnosed with a list of 5 abnormalities of the eyes.

My sweet momma was diagnosed with Cancer. No warnings. Just Stage 4, right out of the blue. Currently, still no origin point.

Truett's head. Possible Craniosynostosis. We thought we were in the clear- until our appointment on Monday.

Much of life has been a struggle for many friends. Our small group has been rocked. I asked why. I was questioning. I was angry. I was knocked down and then feeling pummeled by another huge wave as I tried to get up.

On Father's Day, our Church had it's yearly Baby Dedication. As I stood on the platform, holding a sleeping Truett side-by-side with my wonderful husband, I reflected on the questions being asked and answered.
One question/comment that has stuck with me is that we do not own our children.
They are gifts. Life is a gift.
Lengthy or short.
Life is a gift. I cannot hide my children from life. It happens and passes regardless.

NO FEAR in life, NO FEAR in death.
With open hands, I give my life and my children's lives to the Creator of Life.

I asked my Momma a week or so ago if she was anxious about the test results that were promised a month ago, but have not come back. She simply said, if it were up to her, she'd be anxious. But since it's up to the One who hemmed her in, No. She's at peace.
Of course in my rebellion, I wanted to scream and huff in anger on her account before God.
But really, How can I question the Ultimate Authority on Life?
God commands everyone's destiny.
So here's the truth I learned.
God's way of making you more like Jesus is through life, struggles, trials, cancer, bad eyes, and overlapping sutures.
Simple. No Fear in Life.

Down to the nitty-gritty.
Monday was a follow-up for Truett. We'd even thought about cancelling the appt.
Ha.
Good one God.
The Ped. Craniofacial Specialist (Special Agent Head, as I like to call him), doesn't like Truett's head proportions. The difference is increasing. He also couldn't feel an open suture on the back part of the top (sagital). He recommends a CT scan to rule out any problems. Please pray that all will go well with the CT. It's on Mon. the 25th. at 10am. Truett will have to be under anethesia and not be able to eat 4 hrs prior.
Prayers appreciated.

This is my favorite song. Even more dear to me now.

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My comforter, my all-in-all
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
'Til on that Cross, as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live
There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain.

Then bursting forth in glorious day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny.

No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
'Til He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand
'Til He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I stand
Here in the power of Christ alone

9 comments:

Amanda Lomonaco said...

Great words and reminders, Jen! Praying for you all. I love that song, too! We had such an excellent time with you guys last weekend. Hope to hang again soon! Hugs!!

Joanna Randolph said...

That is my favorite song! I get choked up every time we sing it at church. So sorry to hear about the struggles you are facing! I will be praying for your mom, Truett's CT, YOU and all of the other difficulties you're facing. I'm so grateful that He is always there to listen to our hurts and carry our burdens. I would be lost without Him. Love you my dear. Sending hugs and smiles your way!

Rachael Neal said...

Oh Jen! I had absolutely no idea about any of this. So, so burdened for you dear friend. Praying!

Andrea Wernz said...

*HUG* You've been on my mind and in my prayers. Love you.

Susan Holt Simpson said...

Strong words of faith girl! Keep on saying them, through the trials - and thanks for sharing your testimony here. Will be praying for you, your family, and your Mom!

s

krissy said...

I will be praying Jen. Love you.

Unknown said...

My heart is both heavy and breaking for you and also so full and encouraged because of your faith.

Don't lose heart. You aren't alone. Praying for you and praying for a miracle.

Sharayah said...

Thank you so much for sharing, Jen. Reading what you've been going through and learning has been such an encouragement to me as a momma who is also struggling with some baby concerns. Love you and praying for you and your family.

michael said...

I'm really sorry for your struggles Jen. Amanda and I will be sure to pray for you guys.