My sister-in-law is adamantly opposed to Crocs. I LOVE them. Sure they provide no foot support, but are light and marshmallowy under my feet. They also come in handy for my son whose foot is shaped very much like a Croc/ Birkenstock shoe. You know the type REALLY wide, flat foot with toes that are all the same length. I tell ya, I don't know what we're going to do when it's time to put the Crocs away for the season.
Anyways, Crocs have been in the news lately, about getting caught in escalators and other machines, but also the potential of the rubber to melt to the asphalt or to your feet. I'd like to add one hazard, even though I will not give them up for any of these reasons. The most recent hazard I've found is that the side vents are perfect for geting your little toenail caught and when you turn really fast- say to prevent a toddler from running into a road. Thereby, taking your little toenail off. OUCH! Yes, folks, sadly this did happen to me. Ironically, I can't wear any shoes but my Crocs, because of where the shoe hit my toenail-less toe.
2 comments:
OUCH!
ok, i officially announce you to be a bad blogger. :)
Post a Comment