Tuesday, April 01, 2008

the way i wish i was...

I saw a necklace today...(one my sister-in law made), that made me feel calm, easy- going, laid back. Like being at the beach for an indefinite amount of time. All the qualities I wish I had, but don't. I secretly (no longer a secret) long every day to be a carefree, stress-free day. I get a glimpse of this sometimes when I drive out to Campbell Co. or N. Carolina, even when we take the back way to A and Sven's in VA.-  I instantly feel my blood pressure drop and my cares melt away as I breathe in the 360º view of hills and farmland. My soul craves space, warm sunshine, and a no- worries attitude. Instead, I feed it a daily dose of multi-tasking, anticipation, accident prevention, caffeine, chaos control, and anxiety.

Is there a class where I can learn not to be so high- strung?

3 comments:

kara h said...

It cracks me up that your options for serenity are North Carolina or Campbell County. Come on over!

No, we're not actually calmer over here and no, I don't believe those classes exist... but if you find one, will bring me with you???

Kentucky Kate said...

Ooooooo, cute new design!!! I'm still looking for the 360 degree farm view. And I've had my fair share of caffeine - and all the other things you mentioned. But I'd take any state that would get me closer to the beach.

running shoes said...

let me clarify...rural Campbell Co. and 360º view courtesy of the Erickssons.