I had high hopes last night as I laid awake from 1:58 a.m. until 4:26 a.m. dutifully counting minutes between pains.
But after 4:26 a.m., I drifted to sleep for 2 more hours with nary a sign of labor.
I had an appointment this morning, so the hope returned that my Midwife would check me and proclaim that I was dilating, having contractions, admit me to the hospital, or all the above.
I told her that I felt like I'd been in labor for 3 days and she looked back through my chart and said that I am exactly where I was with Travis at this point in pregnancy.
She checked me after the Strep B test and I'm 1 cm.
So 3 days of labor= 1 cm.
My weight stayed the same (must be all the walking).
She answered my questions and also showed me how to feel for the babe's body parts.
I explained how sheepish I felt, like a labor rookie, and she laughed and told me that every labor and pregnancy was different.
So thank you for all your praying and calls about me. Baby Lyla's got some more cooking to do.
4 comments:
Oh man, I just caught up on your blog and read your last 3 posts! I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for you! I never got to the frustrating point. I reccomend water breakage to start with, then the can,t send ya home! :o) I will be praying for you, I am so excited!
Hang in there. I don't think you stop being a rookie until you have had at least 5 kids. I felt like an idiot going to the hospital with Evie with false labor and I'm sure I'll be just as inept in a few months
:)
We'll be praying for you! I feel anxious for you. I have the same fear that I am going to have no idea what labor is like. With Isabel it was easy, my water broke so I knew she was on her way. I'm sure baby Lyla will let you know when she's ready!:)
How's it going? You need to blog and keep us up to date :) I keep checking to make sure you haven't gone into labor. How are you feeling? If it helps at all, I found all the early contractions help actual labor to go quite quickly.
Post a Comment