Thursday, March 26, 2009

then God Said...

...It's about time you got it.

Do you ever feel like that? When you stop to listen to God and what He's whispering to you. He gives you the Ah-Ha moment.

Not that I can say I've gotten it completely, but God has allowed my stubborn brain to finally comprehend my need to change in this particular area... trusting in Him, giving up my desire for contingency plans, and need to be in control.

It's freeing- to not try to be in control of everything. Letting small things go and just be along for the ride (in a responsible kind of way).

In our small group, we are reading "Trusting God" and it's amazing that every thing can be simplified down to the sovereignty of God.

It reminds me of when I open the sunroof of the car and Travis yells, "Hi, GOD! How Big (are you) God. Answer Travis, God?"

I think even if we knew how BIG God is, we'd still have excuses for not trusting Him.

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Glad to hear your making progress in this! :)
Praying for you, little Lyla and the men!

The Talberts said...

I'm so glad God is working in your heart!

Hey - thanks for the invite the other night. Our ringer was off and by the time we got the message, we were almost ready to eat. I really appreciate the call, though. It would've been fun.

Rachael Neal said...

i needed to hear that today.

Kimberly said...

I like Travis.