Surprise! We're beginning another adventure. One that includes us moving to
a beautiful sandbar called the State of Florida.
Many of you remember, we've already tried this once, with no kids, now we're attempting it again.
My heart leaps with joy but also is sad with the thought of leaving my family-of-friends here as well as Grace.
Grace has stretched us, grown us, made us uncomfortable at times, but stronger in our faith. It's hard to think that we could find a "Grace Fellowship" elsewhere, but that's just humans putting limits on God. HA! How totally arrogant.
Our family-of-friends has been the backbone of support. Showing us how the body of Christ works together. Serving selflessly and faithfully. We are so greatful!
This has been my home since 2002, but only just this last year did I finally dig in roots and start to consider this my forever, Old Kentucky Home.
Off topic, but anyone interested in purchasing a cloth diapering business?
We (the kids, dog, and I) are leaving as soon as we find an apt. or house to buy or rent. Tom will be able to get the necessary repairs/ updates finished without having to work around nap time and us needing to use things like, the kitchen or the laundry room ;)
So what if it doesn't work out?
This is highly possible. Because we already have a home that hasn't sold. It may be a challenge to get another loan to purchase another one even the shoebox kind.
If our home doesn't sell, we'll move back to the KY homestead. We will most likely keep the home in FL and rent it out.
So...how does this make me feel?
Well, of course I am anxious, which I know does absolutely nothing, except cause me to sin and worry.
Daily I'm repenting of this. Choosing to remember what "my jobs" are or are not:
1) My job is not to be anxious or worry about things which are in front of me. 2) My job is to follow my husband's lead, to pray, and to prepare what I can and leave the details to God. 3) My job is to be a helper to my husband and a mom to my children.
In focusing on "my jobs", and not on things that are not in my control, I'm being obedient to God.
In that, there's peace.
In anxiety, there is no peace, just hurry and busyness that doesn't accomplish anything worthwhile.
Matt. 6:25-34.
Also through these verses, God has shown me the mountain of cra-stuff we've accumulated. We can simplify. God's actually made me excited to do it??!!!
Crazy.
We're trusting God. Praying about it and seeking counsel.
I think that I was really tense about it when this wasn't public, but the more I pray, I know God has my family, houses, sellers, buyers, etc... in His hands!
I also believe that He's given my husband wisdom and discernment in areas that I fall short. I choose to follow my God and my husband, whichever State I'm in.
Anyways, one loonnnggg post later...
Ya'll will be welcome to visit.
An oasis of beaches and theme parks await! ;)
6 comments:
WOW...I was shocked to read this. Are you guys moving for family, job?? I would love to keep hearing about your new adventure.
To new adventures and obedience. I am glad that God has helped you joyfully submit to this change. I will miss you! Continue to blog!
I'm here to help!! I'm good at packing, decluttering, watching children, cleaning, etc. I want to help so give me a job! Tuesday Wednesday or Thursday are good. I'm praying for you and I'm excited to see God working in your life.
Well, you know that i'm selfishly THRILLED at the thought of you living nearby, but I also know that this is a bittersweet time, full of change, unrest, anxiety, and an incredible opportunity to trust God and walk by faith. Do you know who else did that? Abraham (Hebrews 11). He followed God, even though he didn't know where he was going.
Thanks for sharing your heart and your struggles with us. You are an incredible example of faith, trust, and submission (even though you may not feel like you are). I love you!!!
So where in FL?? Details please!!! =) If its O-town I have the perfect church for you...mine!! City Church Orlando. You can't be a part of this church without God messing with you and sifting through your sin. Its impossible.
Also our house in Maitland will be up for rent soon, but it is only a 2/1 and I imagine you will want more room than that. But just in case =)
Excited for you, but know that transitions are hard, so I will pray for peace in your heart.
So where in FL?? Details please!!! =) If its O-town I have the perfect church for you...mine!! City Church Orlando. You can't be a part of this church without God messing with you and sifting through your sin. Its impossible.
Also our house in Maitland will be up for rent soon, but it is only a 2/1 and I imagine you will want more room than that. But just in case =)
Excited for you, but know that transitions are hard, so I will pray for peace in your heart.
Post a Comment