Wednesday, June 08, 2011

The Catch-All

So last night the last tile was laid in what seemed like the. never. ending. tile project (of doom).
Finally, all three rooms are tiled. Kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room.

A round of applause, please, for my hardworking hubby!!

Next up for the kitchen...back splash, door and drawer hardware, paint, and trim.

We also weed wacked our flower beds and planters. You heard me weed-wacked the thing into submission. Then tilled it to make certain that those weeds were dead.

We also put all of the winter bedding away...and all the clothing. Whew! We have too much stuff!

In honor of the days accomplishments, I made this Jamie Oliver recipe
Honestly, I was worth the time it took.

I even took photos of the meal, Melissa Talbert style.

Pay no attention to the hemp I used to tie the chicken... that was not part of the recipe and I'm hoping there are no long term effects in the cooking of hemp products (Shrug?)






Once the food was finished and all Rodeo members were assembled at the dinner table, T, asked if it was chicken.

"Why, yes, what gave it away?" I replied

Then came the sob, sad face and the whiney, "Mommy/Daddy, but why did you KILL the chicken."

I'm guess his thoughts were with the Rodriquez's chickens we'd seen a few days earlier.

Anyways, after giving thanks and hearing Trav try to explain to Lj WHERE our meal came from, Tom and I ate closing out eyes at each bite... Savoring and blocking out all the chicken killing talk (Ahem! Little House on the Prairie M.Talbert)
Wow! Two links on my post... I must really LOVE you :)

Yup! Pretty much deemed the best meal we've had.

I know you're salivating, but we have to move on...

Kitchen Update:

I decided on and installed a light fixture in the kitchen. Hooray for me! I made a decorating decision...Insert trumpet sound here.



We bought Quartz counter tops that will arrive July 11th.
and I'm still LOVING my farmhouse sink :)


Life Update:

I assisted a friend at her home birth on Sat/Sun. GOD is Awesome!! I was so privileged and grateful to be able to help and take photos documenting that, L.N.B, you TOTALLY ROCKED.

After finding more ticks (groan!) in my home (GASP!), I sprayed my lawn and trees.

It's a hard season of parenting right now... I'd appreciate words of wisdom and prayers.

Here are the two...sweeties. Sorry it's blurry. This is their sitting still. :/



Health Update:

I think it's very likely that I may possibly have an ulcer- probably. All signs point to "yes", but I'm still holding out for it to disappear and all this will be a fading memory. I know, I know, you LOVE my optimism or denial. Whichever, you prefer.

After not having run in 2 weeks, I ran 4 miles. This, or the squatting from the labor support I was giving ( :0), could be why my achilles tendon has been swollen, bruised, knotted since Sunday...
Again, I'm holding out for the debilitating pain to cease and my life to resume as normal.


Until next month, au revoir.

Um...Kidding, kidding...kind of.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

When you get said wisdom (by whichever person, source, etc) please send it my way!!!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm. Look at all of that bacon. :) I'm looking forward to catching up with you face to face, Friend.

Jade Cook said...

jen - looks like you all have a little kitchen reno underway as well! exciting and exhausting all at the same time, right? hope it is going well! and i liked the toilet in the kitchen. ;) we had our fridge in our living room for about 2 weeks. when the kitchen is in chaos, it effects the whole house!