Tuesday, June 21, 2011

If you had a week...

... to go anywhere you wanted to go, where would you go?


Would you spend the time sightseeing?

Relaxing?

Hiking?

Tell me what you'd do and where you'd go.

7 comments:

Lauren Bryson said...

Greece, my step dad is Greek, and I know my yaya would have some ideas of places to go/ things to see that aren't in tour books. I'd take a friend, instead of my hubs, because he isn't really interested in Greece. And then stop in Italy, for cheese, wine and pasta. Yum!

Susan Holt Simpson said...

I'd be off to the beach --- with a beach-y, wonderfully shabby decorated cottage chock FULL of books, magazines and wonderful food, which would be very nearly completely prepared! Relaxing, sunning, reading, toddling about the ISLAND on very safe old bicycle.... exploring tide pools - have always wanted to do that. Would need MWH, though, to make it a real holiday!

kara h said...

The Badlands! We went for the first time last summer and I'm still struggling to take in how beautiful it was. I'd probably want to stay at the same KOA we stayed at because it was so lovely. And I'd take horses. If I could ride horses in the badlands I'd come out with a book worthy of publishing!!

Anonymous said...

My initial thought was Paris, but Ben is not a fan of Paris, and I would feel weird going to what is supposedly the most romantic city in the world without my husband. Although Ben says it's not romantic. He says that there are human feces in the streets. So anyway. No Paris.

Then I read the comments and thought, "Geez. I'll just go to Greece with Lauren." She really had me when she mentioned the cheese and wine and pasta.

Then I had to remind myself that this isn't real. It isn't a question that is entering me into a drawing for a real weeklong vacation of my dreams. Right? I mean maybe it is. Is it?

Well anyway. I think I'd settle on one of two similar things. I just can't choose between the two.

Option one would be to start in NYC and drive as far north along the coast as possible in the given time frame, stopping on impulse only (as opposed to stopping for diaper changes, to nurse the baby, or because someone vomitted in their car seat). I'd be with Ben, of course, because he's the best person ever to go on a road trip with (he doesn't mind driving the entire time and doesn't think I'm lame when I drive for like six minutes at night and start crying because I can't keep my eyes open). We would start early each day and stay up late. We'd drink strong coffee, eat amazing food, and listen to Van Morrison and Bob Marley and the Cure. We would take long afternoon naps in cabins or hotels without rats (I've heard about the hotels in the city there and I have no interest in rooming with rats).

Anyway. Option 2 would be nearly the same trip, only we would start in San Francisco and drive north along the coast. I have been to many of those places, so I would have to stop myself from being an annoying amateur travel guide. The same rules would apply for coffee, food, sleeping schedules, ratless rooms. But the music would have to be different. Like Corinne Bailey Rae and the Allman Brothers.

Oh man. This was a fun question. Kara H. can come along if she wants, and ride horseback behind our minivan. That would make for a crazy book.

Kate said...

Kara's week would of course be in her alternate healthy kidney body. Could you imagine Ol' Narcotics Addict herself bumping along on horseback through the badlands cursing her her kidneys and writing a beautiful book while all doped up, that would make for some good reading!!! oh I'm going to Hell, its a good thing she "gets" me. If my Mom is reading this right now she would be hitting my father saying "she is your child, this is your fault".

My vacation would be with my hubby anywhere far, far away from children. How about a week in Maui? Please Dear Jesus can I have a week in Maui???

Bubble Queen said...

Oh kate....oh dear Kate...We don't say things like that in front of other people...in front of Kara, its ok, but not with other people...


Maui with Kate here I come!!!
As amazing as Maui is going to be...my dream vaca is Alaska, I blame the Brysons for this dream.

Lee and Candace said...

I've always wanted to go on a Mediterranean cruise (Greece, Italy, etc)...enjoy the European culture and see a whole bunch of amazing places. I blame this on the movie "sisterhood of the traveling pants 2.":) I know, cheesy!