Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Crayons, exercise, and understanding pinterest

Our couch now has the artistic styling of a 2 year old etched in black crayon.

Any one know how to get crayon out of twill upholstery?

Exercise... Ha!

I haven't. I'm sure the gals at pilates are worried, or I've given them something else to talk about.

Allergies to new foods? I had a serious reaction to something I ate on Sunday. The problem is that I can't figure it out, but have NO desire to try to repeat it. I'm thinking I may have to give up eating entirely.

Yes, I'm kidding, Mom.

But seriously folks, rice seems to be the only non-offending food :(


Pinterest:
In an effort to find the perfect decor and color choices for this Baby Mango, I caved. Unfortunately, I don't understand the point other than to "like" or "pin" photos of other people's ideas. So far I can't find any instructions on how you actually go about making or doing the things you are "liking" or wanting to accomplish.
This may be another time waster, unless I'm missing a crucial element to the world of pinterest. All you pinterest- pros.

2 comments:

melissa said...

I'm not on pinterest, but from what I understand, the things you pin can link you to the original site it came from. Some of those things might be how-to kind of crafty things. But then some might be just a photo to use as a visual to get your creative juices flowing. So to speak. I might be wrong.

Fran said...

I, too could not understand the point of pinterest.

And now, I am unstoppable and I am concerned for my well-being.

In the top right corner on the pinterest homepage, there is a section that says 'about.' In that column, there is a 'pin it button' option. That makes a big difference! Once you download it, you have the pin it button on your tool bar on your browser. When you are surfing the web (blogs, etc.) you can press the pin it button and it collects every image from the site. You pin it and place it on one of your boards that you've designated for specific things.

I always think of it as being a lot more convenient than bookmarking pages that I want to return to. Instead, I have a virtual bulletin board that is easy to access when I need decor inspiration, recipes, hair cut ideas, or whatever! The sky is the limit :)

So, I repin things that I like and find useful so I have it for future reference. I 'like' things that my friends pin that I find interesting but not necessarily my taste.

Also, you can search for just about anything. It's like the whole internet has been scoured for lovely things and you need only look on one website!

More recently I've started pinning gift ideas because whenever anyone asks me what I want for my birthday or Christmas, I draw a complete blank. No longer.

I don't know if any of this was helpful, but I felt the same way when I joined and now I think it trumps all my other interweb dailies.

Miss youuuuu!